when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Andrea and Dylan

Dylan was born 11:24 pm Monday weighing 1 pound and 13 ounces.

Andrea had started bleeding around 11 and the doctor couldn't get it to stop. So he delivered the baby caesarian and patched up the uterus.

Because the hospital had our old phone number, there was some difficultly contacting me. I got to the hospital at 12:30 am. They still hadn't stopped the bleeding entirely, so the doctor performed a second surgery, this time to remove the uterus.

While she was under, I went and visited Dylan. He's so tiny. And we don't know if he'll make it.

Andrea is doing fine. She had lost 2 liters of blood and required three transfusions. She's okay now though.
posted by todd at 8:41 AM

8 Comments:

COngradualations. Scary times, but happy times. I hope everyone recovers and is doing well.

9:29 AM  

Thoughts and prayers to you in this time.

11:48 AM  

Oh my God.....sending lots and lots of prayers and good wishes and hugs and congrats---if he is as strong as Andree seems to be, the little trooper will make it!

12:13 PM  

You're all in my thoughts...

2:29 PM  

Dear Andrea, Todd, Josh and baby Dylan: my family and I would like you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Andrea, we wish you a speedy recovery and for baby Dylan, solid growth and development over the next few weeks.

Sincerely,
Luisa Testani & the Testani Family

4:56 PM  

Andrea,
You and your family are in my thoughts. If there is anything I can do for you please just let us know. I am great at running errands, and would be happy to help in any way possible.
Anissa

5:33 PM  

Welcome to the world Dylan. It's going to be a delight to know you.

Love and prayers to you family Todd.

Phil

7:23 PM  

I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. You are both so very strong.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home