when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Thursday, August 25, 2005

No bleeding

Andrea just talked to the NICU doctor. Dylan had a third ultrasound and there is still no signs of bleeding in the brain! That means it's unlikely he'll end up with cerebral palsy, mental retardation or a Terry Schiavo lifestyle.

There's still many many hurdles to get over before Dylan leaves the hospital. But this one was a biggy. Now the doctors will focus on his lung development.

Also, Andrea received a definitive answer as to when she can see Dylan. She has to go 24 hours with her temperature below 99 degrees.

She hasn't yet since her surgeries. She has an infection and is receiving antibiotics.

The pathology lab finished dissecting her uterus. Turns out her doctor's hypothesis as to what caused the bleeding was correct.

The placenta is basically a tumor. It latches onto the uterine wall and steals blood to grow and (I assume) help feed the fetus. Well, this time the placenta latched onto the scar from her C-section and myomectomy. It grew into the scar and damaged it further. That's probably more information than many of you wanted to know.
posted by todd at 7:31 AM

8 Comments:

So glad to hear some good news!! Sending more positive energy your way...:)

8:54 AM  

That is such wonderful news, Todd. I can't wait to meet Dylan and see you, Josh and Andrea.

11:07 AM  

That's such relievingly great news! Sending healing vibes Andrea's way so she can see Dylan very soon!

1:45 PM  

that is wonderful news and I'm really relieved.
Kiss everyone for me. Cept Andrea, cause she'd be like WTF? I dont want kelly kissing me. so just punch her once for me. The arm will do.

2:05 PM  

That is just GREAT news for both Dylan and Andrea!!! I'll keep praying...

2:08 PM  

I will visit this voodoo queen I know down here tonight to send ya'll good vibes, Todd. I'll also say a prayer to Jesus, man! What a cute little baby, and the wife ain't bad either. I'm happy that things are getting better!
Billy

5:37 PM  

Oh god that is great news about Dylan!!!

8:14 PM  

Great news Toddito. Please kiss Andree for me but you know her arm will do.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home