when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Monday, August 08, 2005

Got nothing

I sure wish I had something interesting to say.

Weekend: Visited with friends. That was nice. Busted a sandal. Sits were mostly boring.

Saturday evening, I went to walk two of the most annoying dogs I've ever met. Very poorly trained golden retrievers. The family also has a cat that does little more than hide.

Whoever had done the morning sit had scooped the litter box into a plastic grocery bag, then forgot to throw away the bag. In the hallway were the remains of the bag, some litter and a few bits of uneaten cat turds.

In other news, Josh needs a little brother desperately. One is on the way, but not soon enough. It used to be Josh played well by himself. With his toys or books or whatever.

Now, if he spends more than 60 seconds alone he franticly seeks us out and clings like clean socks. Not so long ago, this was a sweet gesture to be enjoyed. Now it feels like I'm carrying an additional 35 pounds on my already overweight body.

And Andree is already walking for two. She can't handle three.
posted by todd at 4:56 PM

1 Comments:

Little brothers are great fun. I've got two (6 and 11 years younger) as kids they were always available to be the indian (cowboys and indians), the robber (cops and robbers) or goalposts (game of touch football). Of course these days I have to be careful as they can beat me up.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home