when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Sunday, January 29, 2006

Homecoming

After 358 days in Iraq, my brother returned to the states yesterday. His wife had also spent a year there and returned last month. Both are safe and sound.

Most of the people who read this blog don't know Tim and Lynn. Both have been to Bosnia and South Korea. Tim had served in Kuwait, about eight years ago. But this is the closest they've been to real danger.

We're all just happy they made it back without a shrapnel souvenir.

Check out their Web site: Tim & Lynn's Desert Expedition
posted by todd at 11:35 AM

2 Comments:

Welcome home family of Todd!

7:51 PM  

Todd, I'm glad everyone's safe and sound. When my brother returned after only about 9 months in Iraq, I realized how strong that undercurrent of stress was the whole time he was gone. I could suddenly breathe again.

I am also happy to see how well Dylan is doing. I'd love to know more about his personality--not just his healthy appetite--when you have the time...


Thanks, and take care,
Linda Henderson

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home