when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Christmas carol

As I was Christmas shopping yesterday, I overheard a girl (probably about 9) singing a lovely diddy to the tune of "Jingle Bells."

Instead of:
    Dashing through the snow...

It was:
    The snow is turning red,
    I think I might be dead,
    Someone call the hospital,
    'Cuz I'm bleeding from my head.


Which, of course, was followed by her mom's chorus: "Don't sing that! Where'd you learn that?!?"

A couple of minutes later, you'd hear her farther down the aisle:
    The snow is turning red,
    I think I might be dead,
    Someone call the hospital,
    'Cuz I'm bleeding from my head.


And then her mom, "Stop that!"
posted by todd at 7:12 PM

1 Comments:

heeheehee It almost makes you want to go out and have a child.


almost

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home