when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Friday, July 15, 2005

Poor Sick Josh

Our son is sick. He started coughing Wednesday night before going to bed. He slept miserably, waking up six or seven times. At one point he vomited a large gob of mucous down my back.

He was up early on Thursday and didn't understand why he couldn't go to school. Surely all the kids want a sinus infection and 100.5-degree temperature, right?

Josh was sweet all morning. We couch potatoed and watched cartoons. Napping was impossible, though. Between 1 and 5 pm, he woke up four times screaming. Damn monsters.

But it was worth it. He was happy and sneezy the rest of the evening. Andrea and Josh sprayed for monsters, which seemed to help him sleep through the night. He woke not less than five times, but didn't scream. Around midnight I heard him mumble "you can't scare me."

Thank god his temperature came down a little today, to 99.5. Andrea came home from work and they took a nap at 3 pm. By 4 pm, he'd already awoken twice.

Time to break out the monster spray.
posted by todd at 4:11 PM

2 Comments:

His fever might be making the dreams worse. I tend to have nightmares if I take medicine before bed. Even non expired nyquil has given me some bad ones.

6:10 PM  

I'm so glad he always throws up on you and not me :)))

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home