when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Nyquil non grata

Last night I took some Nyquil to knock out my allergies long enough to sleep. At about 11:30 pm it kicked in an I nearly passed out.

Then this morning I woke up hung over with this horrible feeling in my mouth. It's not a taste, but sort of a sensation. It's the feeling that lingers at the back of your throat after an evening romance with a fifth of vodka. Or tequila. Whichever.

I knew it was the Nyquil, but I couldn't figure out why it was giving me such a horrendous hangover.

Then I checked out the expiration date. July 2004.

Guess it's time to clean out the medicine cabinet.
posted by todd at 8:09 PM

4 Comments:

Yeah. Get to it before I need some medicine!

Andree

8:24 PM  

Hey Todd, thanks for including me in your 'links.' This guy who lived in a bookstore in Paris was an ex-drunk. He'd been on the wagon for several months... but... he downed two flasks of Nyqyil - or some other type of cold medecine - every night instead! Paid street people or anybody who'd do it for a six pack to go buy it for him because every pharmasist in the area knew him and refused to sell him anything. Personaly, I still prefer the vodka or tequila. Anyway, your post just made me think of that guy for some reason. Thanks again for the link.

9:10 AM  

Way to go Toddito!

9:51 AM  

After college but before my first real job I knew some guys who dropped Dramamine and chased it with Nyquil. Apparently, it's quite trippy.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home