when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Thursday, July 07, 2005

Soundtrack

I'm pilfering this idea from Phil who lifted it from Kelly.

Opening credits: Doll - Foo Fighters
Waking up: Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Average day: Float On - Modest Mouse
First date: From Out of Nowhere - Faith No More
Falling in love: What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Love scene: Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
Fight scene: Hysteria - Muse
Breaking up: Don't Speak - No Doubt
Getting back together: Reunited - Peaches and Herb. This American Life just did a segment on this.
Secret love: Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
Life's okay: These Are Days - 10,000 Maniacs
Mental breakdown: Basketcase - Green Day or Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica. Actually, half of my collection seems to be dedicated to this topic...
Driving: Alex Chilton - The Replacements
Learning a lesson: We Can Work It Out - The Beatles
Deep thought: Imagine - John Lennon
Flashback: Everything Zen - Bush
Partying: Trip Like I Do - Filter and the Crystal Method
Happy dance: Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
Regretting: Black - Pearl Jam or Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
Long night alone: 200 More Miles - Cowboy Junkies
Death scene: Feed the Tree - Belly
Closing credits: New Way Home - Foo Fighters. Doesn't seem right to start with Foo and not end with Foo.
posted by todd at 11:09 PM

2 Comments:

Me and T were talking one day about what celebrity we think we could actually be friends with. Mine was dave grohl. Love the foo.

and cowboy junkies. best.

10:26 AM  

Man I'd forgotten about The Replacements and Mazzy Star! I've downloaded and created a Kelly mix and I'm definately going to make Todd mix too.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home