when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Saturday, August 27, 2005

A good day

Dylan was turned over onto his belly this afternoon. It's probably the most movement he's had since he was placed in NICU. And the nurse said he seems to be enjoying it.

Earlier today the doctor had said his capilary was bleeding a teeny bit into his brain. On a scale of one to four, this ranks a number one. It's not unusual or likely to cause any damage, the doctor said. They plan to take another ultrasound tomorrow morning to see whether it has healed.

Except for that, the doctor said Dylan had a great day. The ventilator was lowered to 25 percent oxygen. Just a day or so ago, it was 70 percent. (We breath 20 percent.) And his chest is rising and falling in little fits as he tries to breath on his own. All good signs.

Best news of the day -- Andrea finally saw Dylan live and in person this morning. She was taking some milk to NICU and talked to the doctor. He said it was okay for her to come in. So she scrubbed up and went.

She was VERY happy to say the least. He looks better in person than in pictures. Plus, it was a good time to see him. His skin looking a little healthier and the doctor was upbeat about his condition.

Andrea's doctor told her she could come home tomorrow. But I wouldn't be surprised if she stays until Monday. I'd rather have her here -- Josh and I both miss her.
posted by todd at 4:12 PM

7 Comments:

I'm so glad Andrea got to see him!!!!

Betty

7:50 PM  

Good day indeed!

9:32 PM  

The power of good thoughts and prayers. More coming so that Dylan continues to get better and Andrea as well.

11:28 PM  

Praise the Lord!!! I'll keep praying for all.

Sincerely,
Luisa

1:13 PM  

Ack! This is what I get for going out of town. I know it is far from the ideal situation, but congratulations on the newest member of your family.

All of you will be in my constant thoughts until Andrea is healed and happy and Dylan is at home and chubby and healthy. I wish you guys all of the strength and patience there is.

Take care of yourselves in the meantime! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. all my love.

1:20 PM  

This is the best news I've heard in a long long LONG time! Yay Dylan!!!!!

4:13 PM  

I am very happy that she got to see him. Thoughts and prayers that this continues to get better

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home