when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Sunday, June 15, 2008

in town

The parental units, Don and Elaine, are in town.

That makes it sound like they're unwelcomed when actually they're not. It's always great having them here. Mom loves hanging with Josh and Dylan and Dad is great for fixing the house.

Already, I've helped him fix the AC drainage pipe and rebuild the rotting corner of the carport. Next on the to-do list is the shingles on the eaves.

Today we took off for Father's Day. Dad, Josh and I went to the movie theater to see Kung Fu Panda. Great movie.

Josh and Dylan are having lots of fun with their grandparents. For some reason Dylan now calls his grandma "honey" -- he runs around yelling "honey! honey!" Also, the extra people in the house is overwhelming Dylan's senses and he's acting like a freak.

Andrea's taking this week off from work. We don't have any solid plans, but hopefully we'll get a chance to get away from the kids for a little while.

We're still hoping to convince Don and Elaine to stay in Austin longer.
posted by todd at 4:54 PM

3 Comments:

We went to see this for The Boy's birthday. We really enjoyed it...but parts were...'darker' thant he previews had really hinted at, in my opinion. My neighbor, who went with, acted as though this observation was nutty. What do you think?

- Desiree

3:14 AM  

Hi Des!

It's kind of relative. I didn't find it dark at all. But I guess when you compare it to Dreamworks' other movies -- Chicken Run, Flushed Away, Shrek, Madagascar, Over the Hedge -- Kung Fu Panda is a bit edgier.

5:14 PM  

children's movies...quite the intellectual topic, yes? ha Well honestly, the primary thing that kind of made me go "huh" was the "dungeon" scene that looked like it was pulled right out of LOTR, minions and all. Not that the kiddos dont see far worse watching "for kids TV" on sat mornings. Gotta love Dragonball Z and Yugi Oh...or...you know, not. Overall, I laughed more at this movie than the last "grown up" comedy I watched.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home