when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Last Day

In about 10 minutes I need to go get Josh from school -- his last day in kindergarten.

Not sure why, but this is making me very sad. It's been a bit of a roller coaster year. He started in Mrs. Baldwin's class, and didn't make the transition gracefully. Then, due to unexpected overcrowding, Brentwood had to hire two new kindergarten teachers.

Josh was one of students moved to Ms. Combs class. After another rocky month, he blossomed. Now he's reading at a first-grade level and doing all sorts of amazing stuff.

It's been fun watching Josh interact with his friends. Next year, they'll be shuffled around to different teachers.

Anyways, guess I should go get Josh.
posted by todd at 2:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home