when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Friday, September 15, 2006

Reading for the enemy

So much has happened in the past few weeks, it's kept us quite busy. Dylan had a birthday. Josh started daycare part time. Andrea went to Atlanta.

Busy busy busy.

Also, I've stumbled upon two potentially lucrative freelance opportunities. The first is for a small marketing firm. I have no idea where they got my name, but the call came out of the blue about three weeks ago. The people whom I've spoken with seem really cool and fun.

The other deal is a bit questionable. Basically, I'm rewriting a 55-page document dealing with the Texas university system and academia. It blasts tenured faculty for failing to teach and wasting money researching "valueless" esoteric subjects.

The author is a very conservative business man hoping to sway the UT regents.

Now anyone who knows me knows I'd like to shit on the head of every neo-con ass master who hijacked the Republican party and turned it into a band of neo-fascist whores. Or at least punch them in the eye.

Still, while the paper makes a few outrageous claims it contains many interesting points. And the recommendations seem reasonable.

The money isn't bad. However I wonder if working for this client advances the agenda of a group of people who deserve to crawl naked through a barbed-wire covered sewage pit.

Any thoughts?
posted by todd at 11:01 AM

2 Comments:

Is he going to send it regardless of whether you edit it? Will he give his money to someone else if you won't take it?

It may be that this is an opportunity to co-opt the resources of someone who doesn't realize he's advancing *your* agenda by paying you! ;)

Just feeling feisty,
Amy

9:06 PM  

That's a tough one mate. I wish I had something helpful to say.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home