when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Saturday, December 10, 2005

The phone call

Josh was bugging this morning about playing his computer games. So I set him up and left him in the office to troll around NickJr.com.

While Andrea and I were sitting in the living room talking, the phone rang. Andrea reached for the receiver, but it didn't ring a second time. The caller ID didn't show a number, so we figured whoever it was would call back.

We talked. A couple minutes later, Josh wandered into the living room.

"I talked to my grandpa," he said.

Whaaaa? Who?

"My grandpa was on the phone."

Yes, Josh had answered the phone in the office and talked to whoever had called. We were pretty sure it wasn't his grandpa, as he insisted. The only man who would call us that early in the morning would be a NICU doctor.

Sure enough, a few minutes later Dr. Cho called back. We all had a good laugh about it.
posted by todd at 11:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home