when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My skank, my shame

I am too skanky to hold my child. That's the doctor's diagnosis.

It's entirely my own fault. I failed to follow up on a partially treated rash that had developed on my back. And when all hell busted loose five weeks ago, I gave it no thought at all.

Now I am paying the price. Because it might be fungal, the doctor is worried (rightfully so) that I might infect Dylan.

Sigh.

In other news, Dylan is 2 pounds 10 ounces again. He was on Monday, but dipped an ounce yesterday. Also, he has spent considerable time with the ventilator oxygen level turned to 21 percent -- the concentration we breathe everyday. He's not ready to go it alone, but his lungs are indeed improving.
posted by todd at 5:46 PM

1 Comments:

Jumpin Jesus Man! Get that rash cleared up pronto! Your baby is waiting!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home