when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Andrea held Dylan

Andrea held Dylan today. He's five weeks and a day old, and it's the first time anyone has held him. For nearly a half hour they sat together.

From what I heard, at least. I wasn't there. Instead, I was home waiting for Josh to wake up from a four-hour nap.

That's one of the more frustrating aspects of Dylan being in the hospital. Since Josh is too young to enter the NICU, Andrea and I go separately. We could get a babysitter, but that requires coordination. And if you haven't heard, we have no coordination.

Maybe I'll get to hold him tomorrow.
posted by todd at 7:02 PM

2 Comments:

I'm sure they'll let you! ask the nurse who helped andrea. if she's not there, throwing yourself on the floor and kicking and screaming seems to work. I hope you get to real soon!!!

5:44 PM  

So happy that he's big/strong enough to hold now!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home