when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Monday, June 04, 2007

The party and other stuff from the week before last

I really need to get on the ball about posting stuff. The week before last, my parents were in town. Here they are with Josh and Dylan.



It was a great visit. Mom had fun with the boys while my dad and I built a loft for Josh's bed. Actually, he did the most of the measuring, cutting and assembling. I provided the brute labor and did most of the sanding. What was supposed to be a two-day job turned to six. But it looks good.



At the end of the week, we had a belated birthday party for Josh. Eleven kids (plus parents) and a petting zoo came.



Everyone had a great time. There was a chicken, a duck, a rabbit, a goat, a pig, a guinea pig and a tortoise.



The tortoise tried to escape. He made a mad dash across into the yard and a half hour later was almost halfway across it.
posted by todd at 4:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home