when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Monday, February 05, 2007

revelations

It's been more than three months since we yanked Josh from Stepping Stone -- and still it's a topic that comes up regularly.

A little background: Stepping Stone daycare on Richcreek is a Rat Hole, something that became clear after Josh spent about 20 days there.

Ok, enough background.

Yesterday, Josh told me a story.

"One time Eli, he had to go pee, but he didn't want to pee in the bathroom. So he didn't pee in the bathroom. And then we went outside to play on the playground, and Eli, he peed on a tree in the playground. And then I, I peed on the leaves. Isn't that silly?"

Now, it's true that I am not a certified daycare worker. However, I imagine there must be a rule in the Big Book of Daycare Stuff that touches on this subject -- perhaps something about parental notification.

So to reiterate: Stepping Stone daycare on Richcreek is a Rat Hole. And don't lean against the tree in the playground.
posted by todd at 9:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home