when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Saturday, August 09, 2008

overheard on the playground

I took Dylan to the park yesterday. While he was climbing around on the playscape, I overheard a group of kids who were playing house beneath the playscape.

They were boys and girls, ages 6-10, and they were still negotiating who was playing which role. Apparently a misunderstanding erupted between two of them.

"Let's just put it this way," the girl said. "My husband ... is dead!"

"Oh," said the boy, "so you're a widow!"

What???

But even funnier was the 7-year-old girl who insisted...

"I'm the 5 year old!"

And then she spent the next five minutes crying and wailing while her "parents" told her to shut up.
posted by todd at 12:28 PM

1 Comments:

Today, I had to tell two girls to stop riding their scooters on the toddler-sized play construct or I was going to have to Tell Their Mothers.

That's it, I have become my own mother. Done.
What's next?

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home