when I started this blog five years ago, I was a pet sitter and the name animal-crackers made sense. now I'm a stay-at-home-dad and freelance writer, but rather than confuse everyone by getting a different blog, it's just easier to keep posting things here.


Monday, November 07, 2005

A week already?

I can't believe it's been a week since I last blogged. I've been busy and lost track of the time.

Dylan's doing great. He weighed 5 pounds 1 ounce yesterday. But those of you who read Andrea's blog already know that. And you probably have heard that he might be coming home next week.

NEXT WEEK!!!

He's 10 weeks old today. It feels like 10 years.

In preparation for his homecoming, we're having his room refloored. We had yanked up the nasty rug hoping to find nice tile. It was a grayish-green, which isn't all that bad. But the buggers who put down the carpet managed to put a few dozen nails into the tile around the edges. Most of them didn't come out without some concrete and tile.

This week a contractor is installing some alpine maple laminate (like we have in the living room, dining room and kitchen). Thank god for the new copy editing job.

Did I mention thank god for the copy editing job? Looks like the pet sitting thing won't last much longer -- or may already be done. My boss, who has been one of the best bosses ever, said the schedule is looking thin and she needs to work more to cover her taxes.

Whether or not that's the whole deal, I'm kinda burned on the job anyway. The driving costs too much and since I haven't worked in three weeks, I'm beginning to remember the joys of work-free weekends.
posted by todd at 8:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home